Russell Brewing Company is seeking a Full-Time Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team in Surrey, BC.
Russell Brewing Company, founded in 1995, is one of the fastest growing breweries in the west coast. We brew, market, sell and distribute premium craft beer. Our staff have passion in what they do. Whether working in the office, brewing beer, or delivering products, each staff member helps make our beer great.
Russell Brewing is looking for a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented individual to join our Accounting team. Reporting to Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for supporting our daily accounting functions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensure daily sales orders and payable invoices are entered promptly and accurately in the database system and Sage 50 Simply Accounting program
- Accounts Payable activities including receive and verify invoices, shipping documents, and purchase orders, post invoices and issue payment
- Communicating with supplier and customers about invoicing discrepancies and questions
- Manage cheque runs and deposits
- Reconcile billing entries and compare system reports with documents to balance; investigate any errors and make corrections
- Process and verify credit and debit card payments
- Maintain and file documents and historical records
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end activities
- Assist with order desk tasks as needed
- $17 – $19 per hour (8-hour shift Monday to Friday) dependent on experience
- Extended health care, dental, vision care, disability & life insurance, and more after successful completion of probationary period
- Store Discount
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-Secondary education in bookkeeping or accounting would be an asset.
- At least 1 year of accounting experience (AR or AP) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent data entry skills (quick & accurate)
- Good time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have proven ability to multi-task
- Accounts reconciliation skills
If this opportunity sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com