Operations Shift Supervisor
A food processing manufacturer with two federally registered facilities is looking for a highly skilled, dynamic individual to join our fast growing company. Our company supplies premium cooked soups, sauces and other ready to eat food products to key accounts in food service, restaurants, retailers and institutions.
The selected candidate will be managing the daily production operations at our facilities, working closely with the production, quality, sanitation and maintenance department to ensure and direct the day to day operations and continuous improvement in our food production plant.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the daily plant operations to continuously improve product, process flow and output by optimising human and physical resources
- Control and evaluate efficiency of production by determining the adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies needed for operations
- Provide technical leadership in the modification or installation of processing and packaging equipment
- Implement production plans that will efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet customer demands, production targets, shipping schedules, product and process quality standards
- Oversee daily production schedules and ensure continuous improvement programs in all areas of production: inventory management, maintenance projects, departmental budgeting, etc.
- Develop and maintain plant food security, food defense, emergency response programs and reports and communicates any food safety and quality concerns to QA manager and senior management team
- Conduct meetings to keep employees up to date regarding accident prevention, health and safety programs so that the company promotes a plant safe work environment that complies with WCB regulations and requirement
- Provide supervisory support to the Health and Safety Committee to ensure continuous improvement and high Health & Safety awareness throughout the company
Qualifications and Employment requirements:
- A college/university degree in engineering (electrical or mechanical engineering)
- Minimum 7+ years of supervisory experience working in a high volume, food production, kettle cooking, and ready to eat foods facility or equivalent experience in the related field is preferred
- Strong knowledge of food manufacturing and food standards
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, SQF standards and legislative requirements is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in written and oral English, knowledge of Chinese languages would be an asset
- Must have strong leadership, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, planning and organization skills. Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or LEAN Manufacturing/Management experience would be a strong asset
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally, and have the ability to work with all levels of employees
- Ability to hire, train and motivate employees to continue to develop and contribute to the success of the company
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively with all employees and contractors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be able to respond to emergency work after hours
If interested, please send in a detailed resume and cover letter with the subject title, "Operations Shift Supervisor". While we greatly appreciate all the replies and applications we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.