The program is designed to provide career planning and financial support to skilled newcomers, help them find a job that best suits their pre-arrival qualifications and gain Canadian work experience.
Our services, in person and online, include:
• Job search workshops
• Technical skills and academic upgrading
• Credential assessment and exam preparation
• Networking with professionals, employers and regulators
• Practicum and mentorship opportunities
Who can join the program?
• Skilled immigrants living in British Columbia
• Permanent Residents (5 years or less)
• Unemployed or underemployed
• More than 3 years of pre-arrival experience or 1 year for youth (19-30 years old)
• English proficiency ≥ CLB 5
• Not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment & Assistance (BCEA)